Pacific Sands Academy provides this.
- OPPORTUNITY to earn a high school diploma WHEN YOU are ready.
- ALTERNATIVE to the conventional school system's course work, credit requirements, and social landscape.
- EDUCATION inspired by meaningful goals relevant to where you want your life to go.
- ASSISTANCE in figuring out a better suited educational path for your teen.
- FORMULATION of a high school transcript for your homeschooler/uschooler.
- COACHING that is personalized to supplement independent studies/homeschool/unschool education.
- SUPPORT in your homeschooling or unschooling journey while you travel or at home.
If you seek ANY ONE of the above, you may benefit from enrollment in Pacific Sands Academy.
Pacific Sands Academy operates from the belief that you can pursue your education outside of the box of the traditional classroom, homeschooling, or on-line programs. Pacific Sands Academy is for children, teens and young adults ages 11 – 20+ who seek an alternative way to pursue their education. Pacific Sands Academy provides students and parents with educational goal setting, coaching, and the ability to complete a high school education and receive transcript and diploma.
Pacific Sands Academy also offers homeschool support by working with you or your teen at whatever interval we deem best to create an official high school transcript out of his or her learning experiences. PSA embraces all forms of homeschooling- from curriculum driven homeschooling to unit studies to road schooling to natural learning to unschooling, to radical unschooling and everything in between!
Pacific Sands Academy does NOT rely on traditional style tests to assess our students; in fact, we strongly oppose this practice. We ask our students to think about, develop, and assess these qualities in themselves: creativity, critical thinking, resilience, motivation, persistence, curiosity, question asking, humor, endurance, reliability, enthusiasm, civic mindedness, self awareness, self discipline, empathy, leadership, wisdom, compassion.
"I feel ashamed that so many of us cannot imagine a better way to do things than locking children up all day in cells instead of letting them grow up knowing their families, mingling with the world, assuming real obligations, striving to be independent and self-reliant and free."
- John Taylor Gatto